AGRIDEA - the Swiss Association for the Development of Agriculture and Rural Areas - supports people who commit themselves to improving the quality of life in rural areas.
Around 40 agricultural and other rural organisations, as well as the cantons of Switzerland and the Principality of Liechtenstein are all memebers of the AGRIDEA association. The Swiss Federal Office for Agriculture is the largest client.
The AGRIDEA advisory centres :
- support technical and economic management of farm enterprises and contribute to improving the socio-economic situation of the farming families;
- highlight potentials for production and services in the agricultural sector and support their development and introduction;
- create opportunities for cooperation and synergies between agriculture and the other actors in rural areas;
- promote landscape ecology, sustainable land use systems and animal-friendly husbandry practices;
- facilitate interaction and exchange within the agricultural and rural knowledge systems.
Dipl. Political Sciences and anthropology, Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne
She has experience in development policies and local food production, with a focus on South Eastern Europe. Her main interests are institutional and public policy aspects for origin labeled products and, more generally, agriculture as well as anthropologic and social dimensions of know how and links to terroir. She is involved in several international research and cooperation projects (SINER-GI 2005-2008; FAO “Quality linked to geographical Origin” project).
Phone: +41 21 619 44 61, Fax +41 21 617 02 61